Welcome to 1st Wychwoods Scout website. Here you can find information about what goes on in the Beavers, Cub and Scout sections. You can find out how to get involved and a little bit more about the joy of Scouting in general.
We currently have three thriving, active sections. Beavers for 6 to 8 year olds, Cubs for 8 to 10½ year olds and Scouts for 10½ to 14 year olds.
Each section meets weekly to play games, enjoy activities and work towards one of the many badges available. There are also opportunities to go out on trips and camps throughout the year.
If you’d like your son or daughter to join any of the sections, please fill in their details here.
The Scout Association is part of a worldwide educational youth movement. The values, which underpin and inspire its work are embodied in the Scout Promise and Law and in the Purpose of the Association.
Within this framework, the Association is committed to equality of opportunity for all young people.
- The Scout Association is committed to extending Scouting, its Purpose and Method to young people in all parts of society.
- No young person should receive less favourable treatment on the basis of, nor suffer disadvantage harassment or discrimination by reason of:
- Class or socio-economic status;
- ethnic or national origin, nationality (or statelessness) or race;
- gender (including gender reassignment);
- marital or civil partnership status;
- sexual orientation;
- political belief;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- religion, belief or faith (including the absence of religion, belief or faith)