Here is an outline of the kit needed for most camps – it is not definitive and Cubs should adapt it to their specific requirements, but it is useful to ensure that everything has been thought of.
Clothing (all clothing should be suitable for outdoor playing and may get dirty/wet):
- Uniform (to be worn to the camp)
- Sun hat
- Warm sweatshirts (three is recommended so there is one for each day – they may not get used but it means there is a spare if anything gets wet)
- T-shirts or similar (one per day)
- Trousers / shorts (one pair per day)
- Underclothes (one pair per day)
- Socks (one pair per day)
- Outdoor shoes – preferable something that can be put on and taken off independently and reasonably easily as we try to keep shoes out of the tents. If the weather looks like it may be wet, a second pair may be necessary.
- Waterproof (coat)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Roll mat (inflatable mattresses tend to take up too much room in the tents, so mats only please)
- Extra blanket (for extra warmth at night)
- Water bottle
- Small towel (there are no shower facilties so it’s just for face and hands)
- Sun cream
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A carrier bag for putting dirty clothes in really helps ensure that clothes don’t get too mixed up in the tents
- Pocket money (no more than £10, and can be given to a leader to look after if preferred)
- Personal medication if required, labelled and given to leader
- Snacks/treats are fine to bring, but not too much as we don’t really want anyone being sick…
Please ensure that all items are clearly labelled with the Cub’s name, especially their uniforms and neckers. It really helps if the Cubs are involved with packing their own bag so they know what they are bringing and where it is.
If purchasing anything online for the camp, please consider using Easy Fundraising – this makes a little bit of money for the group without any additional cost to you.